Lindsay Burgess is a co-owner of the British Bistro. She has lived in Perth for 12 years after relocating from Scotland. Lindsay loves working as part of a team and enjoys getting to know the Bistro’s customers. Here Lindsay answers a few questions about the Bistro
- What excites you most about the menu?
I am excited about out Traditional British Style food. Our food is wholesome and filling just like a comforting meal back home in the UK should be. I hope all our customers are as pleased and satisfied with the menu as I am. The flavours and presentation make me proud to be a part of the whole experience.
- What has surprised you most since opening 6 months ago?
I have been really thankful for the amount of support the Bistro has received over the past 6 months. We have a great following of regulars and our new customers feel this sense of community as soon as they step through the door. Support from everyone has been exceptional. I love to have ‘a blether’ with everyone and those people I now class as friends, not just customers.
- How would you describe the British Bistro?
I would say that during the day it is your local go-to “café with a twist” and on a night we switch it up to offer customers a more intimate dining experience. By day its one way, by night another!
Steven Rae is a co-owner of the British Bistro. He has lived in Perth for several years after relocating from Scotland. Steve is also the owner for the Great British Chippy next door. Steve is passionate about delivering a quality experience for customers. Here he tells us a little bit about himself and the Bistro
- Why did you decide to set up a British Bistro here in Currambine?
As the owner of the Great British Chippy I knew there was a large British demographic here in the Northern Suburbs, so we opened the Bistro 6 months ago offering a number of British classics with a modern twist. We have been listening to our customers since opening and acknowledge the need for a more varied menu so with the help of our new head chef we have come up with a very exciting and different menu.
- What makes the British Bistro different?
We have something for everyone;
- A good range of breakfast items including the classic full British Breakfast.
- A selection of smaller plate options at lunch
- Home-made cakes and Barista made coffees
- Traditional Sunday Roasts
- Supper Club on Wednesday nights
- What is it about the hospitality industry that you enjoy?
I love interacting with customers, seeing them enjoy the experience when they visit the Chippy or the Bistro is what makes it all worth while
- What’s the best part about living in Perth?
The sense of community and, of course, the weather!